Tolko’s recent announcement of the permanent closure of its Quest Wood sawmill in Quesnel and curtailments at its Kelowna mill will not be the last. As pointed out by Jim Girvan, B.C.’s forest products industry is facing threats from wildfires, spruce beetle epidemics, and set asides for caribou populations in addition to the long-anticipated decline in timber supply due to the Mountain Pine Beetle epidemic, FEA is partnering with Jim Girvan to quantify the likely impact to the industry of the declining timber supply in a report that will be available soon.
- New Brunswick Sawmill Closing October 15, 2019
- Eight Story CLT Hotel Going Up in Seattle October 1, 2019
- Teal-Jones Announces Investment in Two Virginia Sawmills September 25, 2019
- Tolko reducing shifts at Soda Creek and Armstrong lumber mills in British Columbia September 18, 2019
- Kenora Forest Products announce two-week curtailment. September 13, 2019